We have the First and the only Wood Flooring Apprenticeship approved by cSkills running from the BwfA/FloorSkills centre in Earlswood, Birmingham.
Flooring Apprenticeships have in excess of 25 Days training and no-one else can offer the same amount of training in the UK
The Apprenticeship is a high quality programme for new and young people in the flooring trade. The programme is offered on a national basis and is supported by trained industry professionals. Funding can available for both 16 – 18 and 19+ age groups. The apprenticeship takes a eighteen month programme, overseen and supported by a nationwide network of qualified assessors. In most cases grants are available so speak to us for more information.
Apprentices work towards an industry recognised qualification and learn specific skills in all areas of wood floor coverings. There is a mix of on the job and off site training at Technical Centres, this is delivered regardless of location and is supported by online learning programme. Apprentices visit the Technical Centre in block sessions, usually one week in every eight, and are visited by the assessor whilst working on site.
A portfolio is built that recognises the apprentice’s achievements, which leads to the successful completion of the qualification. The programme is referred to as a quality credit framework and there are a number of key elements. On completion of the Floor laying apprenticeship the successful candidate receives the following qualifications:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Floorcoverings
• Level 2 Technical Certificate in Wood Floorcovering
• Level 1 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• CSCS Health and Safety Card
Apprentices take the following mandatory units:
• QCF01 Conform to General Workplace Safety
• QCF02 Conform to Efficient Work Practices
• QCF03 Move and Handle Resources
• QCF302 Set out for Laying Floorcoverings
• QCF303 Prepare Surfaces to Receive Floorcoverings
• QCFC303 Develop Customer Relationships
To ensure the Apprenticeship best suit the individual needs there is a further optional unit:
• QCF306 Install Wood Floorcoverings. We are currently the only Apprenticeship provider for this unit.
Our Nationwide Apprenticeship programme has been developed by the BwfA for the industry. It demonstrates to your prospective customers that you or your fitter have completed a recognised training programme and hold industry recognised qualification.
Contact us for more information, we will introduce you to your training coordinator and we will organise all the paperwork. We will help and support both the Apprentice and the employer throughout the training process.
For further information please call 01564 703900 or follow the link - http://floorskills.co.uk/apprenticeships